Gabrielle Grace Hogan (she/her) received her MFA from the New Writers Project through the University of Texas at Austin, where she studied under the poets Joanna Klink and Lisa Olstein. She is the author of the chapbooks Soft Obliteration (Ghost City Press, 2020) and Love Me With the Fierce Horse Of Your Heart (forthcoming Ursus Americanus), which was also a finalist for the 2022 Host Publications Chapbook Prize.In the past, she has served as a Poetry Reader for BOAAT; Poetry Editor for Bat City Review; and Co-Editor of You Flower / You Feast, an online anthology of writing inspired by Harry Styles.Her work has appeared in CutBank, Salt Hill, DIAGRAM, Nashville Review, Sonora Review, and others. She was the winner of the 2017 Stein Academy of American Poets Prize, and runner-up for Redivider's 2021 Beacon Street Prize for Poetry. She has also received four nominations for Best of the Net, and one for the Pushcart Prize. In 2021 she was a reader for the Idaho Prize for Poetry, judged by Ilya Kaminsky.Currently she works as a Media Editor for Macmillan Learning, and is working on her first full-length poetry manuscript and several nonfiction projects. She lives in Austin, Texas.
“Hauntology” — Salt Hill, Issue 47“My Heart Is Trying to Get to Your Heart, But She Is Lacking the Limbs” — Cream City Review, Issue 45.2“Time in the Love Of” — Poetry Northwest, Issue 16.2“Cows” — CutBank, Issue 95“Lone Star,” “Love Poem For the Ex-Girlfriend Who Took Me to the Field Museum in Chicago,” & “Let Me Write Poems Where No One Ever Leaves,” Lesbians Are Miracles, Explorations & Adventures Issue“Self-Portrait as Blah Blah Blah, Etc.” — Maudlin House“We Should Rob Banks Together” — HAD“The Hedges Are Burning / No, They Are Just On Fire” — Foglifter, Issue 5.2"When I Watched an Old Movie and Realized Everyone In It Must Be Dead Now—" — Sonora Review, Issue 75/76INTERVIEWS
Matt Mitchell for Full StopSarah Matthes for Full StopPROJECTS
You Flower / You Feast: An Anthology of Poetry, Prose, and Plays Inspired By Harry Styles
- Creator, editor, designer, contributorHONORS & AWARDS
- Semifinalist for Great River Review's 2022 Pink Poetry Prize
- Finalist for the 2022 Host Publications Chapbook Prize
- Nominated for 2021 Best of the Net for “We Should Rob Banks Together"
- Nominated for 2021cBest of the Net for “There’s An Angel at the End"
- Runner-up for Redivider’s 2021 Beacon Street Prize for Poetry
- Nominated for 2020 Best of the Net for “Grief Hot Dog"
- Nominated for 2020 Best of the Net for “sonnet for tonya harding"
- Winner of The Penn Review’s 2019 Undergraduate Scholarship, University of Pennsylvania
- Recipient of 2019-2022 Crawley-Garwood Research Grant, University of Texas at Austin
- Recipient of 2019 Bonnie Gordon Scholarship, Bradley University
- Nominated for 2017 Pushcart Prize for “poem to be read as a eulogy"
- Winner of 2017 Stein Academy of American Poets Prize, Bradley University
- Recipient of 2017 Jim Ballowe Creative Writing Scholarship, Bradley University
- Winner of 2017 Chester Sipple Poetry Award, Bradley University
Love Me With the Fierce Horse Of Your Heart — forthcoming Ursus Americanus Press
Soft Obliteration — Ghost City Press 2020