Gabrielle Grace Hogan (she/her) received her MFA from the New Writers Project through the University of Texas at Austin, where she studied under the poets Joanna Klink and Lisa Olstein. She is the author of the chapbooks Soft Obliteration (Ghost City Press, 2020) and Love Me With the Fierce Horse Of Your Heart (forthcoming Ursus Americanus), which was also a finalist for the 2022 Host Publications Chapbook Prize.In the past, she has served as a Poetry Reader for BOAAT; Poetry Editor for Bat City Review; and Co-Editor of You Flower / You Feast, an online anthology of writing inspired by Harry Styles.Her work has appeared or is forthcoming in TriQuarterly, CutBank, Salt Hill, DIAGRAM, Nashville Review, and others. She was the runner-up for Redivider's 2021 Beacon Street Prize for Poetry. She has also received five nominations for Best of the Net, and one for the Pushcart Prize. In 2021 she was a reader for the Idaho Prize for Poetry, judged by Ilya Kaminsky.Currently she works as a Media Editor for Macmillan Learning, and is working on her first full-length poetry manuscript. She lives in Austin, Texas.
"921 N Cooper" — Grist, Issue 14SELECT POEMS
"How Do We Name This" — TriQuarterly, Issue 163“Hauntology” — Salt Hill, Issue 47“My Heart Is Trying to Get to Your Heart, But She Is Lacking the Limbs” — Cream City Review, Issue 45.2“Time in the Love Of” — Poetry Northwest, Issue 16.2“Cows” — CutBank, Issue 95“Lone Star,” “Love Poem For the Ex-Girlfriend Who Took Me to the Field Museum in Chicago,” & “Let Me Write Poems Where No One Ever Leaves,” Lesbians Are Miracles, Explorations & Adventures Issue“Self-Portrait as Blah Blah Blah, Etc.” — Maudlin House“We Should Rob Banks Together” — HAD“The Hedges Are Burning / No, They Are Just On Fire” — Foglifter, Issue 5.2"When I Watched an Old Movie and Realized Everyone In It Must Be Dead Now—" — Sonora Review, Issue 75/76INTERVIEWS
Matt Mitchell for Full StopSarah Matthes for Full StopPROJECTS
You Flower / You Feast: An Anthology of Poetry, Prose, and Plays Inspired By Harry Styles
- Creator, editor, designer, contributorHONORS & AWARDS
- Recipient of a 2023 Ragdale Foundation Residency
- Nominated for 2022 Best of the Net for "Love Me With the Fierce Horse Of Your Heart"
- Semifinalist for Great River Review's 2022 Pink Poetry Prize
- Finalist for the 2022 Host Publications Chapbook Prize
- Nominated for 2021 Best of the Net for “We Should Rob Banks Together"
- Nominated for 2021cBest of the Net for “There’s An Angel at the End"
- Runner-up for Redivider’s 2021 Beacon Street Prize for Poetry
- Nominated for 2020 Best of the Net for “Grief Hot Dog"
- Nominated for 2020 Best of the Net for “sonnet for tonya harding"
- Nominated for 2017 Pushcart Prize for “poem to be read as a eulogy"
- Winner of 2017 Stein Academy of American Poets Prize, Bradley UniversityCV with full list of publications here
Love Me With the Fierce Horse Of Your Heart — forthcoming Ursus Americanus Press
Soft Obliteration — Ghost City Press 2020
None at this time.PAST
9 Sept 2022 - Tomorrow’s Party by Literary Cleveland for 2022 Inkubator Poetry Festival
(Worthington Yards, Cleveland OH)29 Apr 2022 - Red Light Lit’s "Rituals of the Recklessly Tender"
(Almost Real Things HQ, Austin TX)5 Mar 2022 - Maryan Nagy Captan Sixteen Rabbits Chapbook Launch
(Online)15 Dec 2021 - That’s So Me: Self-Ish Mix Virtual Launch Reading Presented by Peach Mag
(Online)15 Nov 2021 - GET LIT Presented by Nomadic Press
(Online)28 Oct 2021 - Bat City Review Presents: A Haunted Reading
(Cheer Up Charlie’s, Austin TX)29 Sept 2021 - Poetry on the Pond
(The University of Texas at Austin, Austin TX)11 Nov 2020 - No RSVP Episode 2
(Online)19 April 2020 - BRNHS presents: This Series Is (Not) On Netflix
(Online)29 Jan 2020 - Aural Literature
(Austin Public Library - Terrazas Branch, Austin TX)
Select Features & Interviews